Eight sessions: Jan 31, Feb 14, 28, Mar 14, 28, Apr 11, 25, May 9 2018
ExportNY, a four month international business development program, is presented by Syracuse University and TDO in collaboration with the CNYIBA.
ExportNY is designed for executives responsible for their company's international marketing, finance & operations. It helps participants determine which international markets are attractive, prioritize efforts, develop strategies to penetrate each market and tackle the legal, cultural, logistical and regulatory issues of doing business abroad.
The program takes a strategic approach to developing a global business plan and gives companies a jump start by providing classroom training, market research, tools and resources in a stimulating, interactive and supportive environment. ExportNY provides Syracuse University interns at no additional cost to help with research and implementation efforts under the guidance of the participant and program staff.
Participants spend two days per month in program sessions. Between sessions they work on developing and executing their plan. By the end of this fast paced program, businesses are on their way to expanding their markets.
ExportNY program staff and guest speakers from industry cover the key elements of exporting:
- Company Readiness to Go Global
- Global Business Environment
- U.S. Dept. of Commerce – Commercial Service
- International Business Planning: The Foreign Market Business Plan
- Harmonized Codes System
- Foreign Market Entry Strategies Direct & Indirect
- Export Regulations & Barrier Issues
- Export Compliance
- International Business Law Overview
- Cross-Cultural Business Practices: Do’s & Don’ts
- International Business Communications
- Language & Cultural Translation
- Foreign Business Ethics / Issues
- International Business Risk Management / Insurance
- International Product Marketing
- Finding & Evaluating Potential Partners
- Product Design, Adaptation, & Certification
- International Marketing Communications
- International Website & Search Engine Optimization
- Preliminary Target Market Research
- Trade Finance & International Banking
- Foreign Exchange Risk Management
- US Export-Import Bank Programs
- Domestic International Sales Companies (DISC’s)
- International Supply Chain Management
- Export Logistics
- INCOTERMS & Customs Brokerage
- International Product Support & Reverse Logistics
- HR Planning Considerations
- Business Plan Implementation
- Foreign Market Business Plan Draft
Cost of the program:
- $4,495 (you can include up to three staff for this price).
- $3,995 Special offer for CNYIBA Members with $500 discount
Participants may also eligible for a grant from the Workforce Development Institute (WDI) covering a portion of the program fee.
Applicants must contact WDI and submit an application one month in advance of the program starting.
CALL NOW !!! Space is limited to just 6 to 8 companies only