Global Market Development
Increasing your international business is essential to surviving in the global economy. Customers and competitors reside around the world and are only a mouse-click away. TDO supports businesses in increasing exports in several ways.
- ExportNY Program
- Central New York International Business Alliance (CNYIBA)
- Hosting the satellite office of the Department of Commerce Export Assistance Center
ExportNY, a collaboration between Syracuse University, the Central New York TDO, and the Central New York International Business Alliance, is an four month international business development program. It helps participating companies determine which international markets are attractive, prioritize efforts, develop strategies to penetrate each market and understand the legal, cultural, logistical and regulatory issues of doing business abroad.
The program takes a strategic approach to developing a global business plan and provides the knowledge and research support to do so. Participants spend two days per month in class sessions. Between sessions they work on developing and executing their plan. By the end of the program, businesses are on their way to expanding their markets.
ExportNY provides Syracuse University interns at no-cost to help with research and implementation efforts under the guidance of the participant and program staff.
The program gives companies a jump start in international business by providing classroom training, market research, tools and resources in a stimulating, interactive and supportive environment. ExportNY program staff and guest speakers from industry share their expertise on:
- Researching & Selecting Foreign Markets
- Finding & Evaluating Potential Partners
- Cross-Cultural Business Practices
- Foreign Business Legal Systems & Ethics
- International Business Risk Management
- Product Design, Adaptation, & Certification (CE, RoHS, WEEE & more)
- International Marketing & Business Communications
- Websites, SEO and Social Media
- Trade Finance & International Banking
- Foreign Exchange Risk Management
- Export Logistics, INCOTERMS and Customs Brokerage
- HR Planning Considerations
As a Founding Member and active participant in the Board of Directors, TDO contributes to the development of educational forums and networking events.
- Educates local professionals on global business
- Fosters international trade
- Promotes cooperation and mutual interest between members
- Assists CNY organizations in growing their export businesses
TDO hosts the satellite office of the US Department of Commerce Export Assistance Center. The U.S. Commercial Service offers the trade counseling, market intelligence, business matchmaking, and commercial diplomacy you need to connect with lucrative business opportunities. In addition, they help you to develop trade finance and insurance strategies that align with your particular business objectives and help you complete your export transaction. To reach John Tracy, International Trade Specialist, please call 315-453-4070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.